Become a Temporary Contact
If you would like to help in this very important Twelfth Step work and have at least six months of continuous sobriety and a working knowledge of the A.A. 12 Steps and 12 Traditions in the A.A. program, please complete the form below or call us at (949) 346-4697 (leave a voicemail with your name and call-back number).
All information is and will remain strictly confidential.
The Bridging the Gap volunteer:
- Encourages the newcomer to obtain a phone list.
- Explains sponsorship and introduces the newcomer to prospective sponsors and other group members.
- Explains the importance of a home group and introduces the newcomer to the meeting secretary.
- Provides the newcomer with a meeting schedule and explains the different types of meetings.
- Accompanies the newcomer to several meetings and encourages him or her to begin participating.
- Explains meeting “etiquette:” The importance of arriving on time, when to turn in or pick up any attendance slips, avoiding cross-talk, etc.
- Shows the newcomer the Group’s A.A. literature rack and discusses the importance of the book Alcoholics Anonymous.